Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting to know Senior Julianna Owens

We recently had the opportunity to sit down with Senior student Julianna Owens a few days before she graduated to recap her time here and to talk about her plans for the future.
 
PB: What made you decide to come to PB Cosmetology School?
 
Juls: A warm and friendly atmosphere drew me in. It is like one big family. I could tell right off the bat that the staff really cares a lot about each and every student. I also loved the new state of the art salon!
 
 
PB: What were you doing prior to enrolling at PB Cosmetology School?
 
Juls: Before enrolling at PB, I was going to college for business. I always had a knack for makeup and hair. I knew I always wanted to come to beauty school so it was something I just had to do to feed that need. It was the best decision I ever made.
 
PB: Upon graduating what do you plan to do with your license?
 
Juls: I plan to mix my cosmetology license with my business degree. I would like to start out doing beauty sales or marketing. My ultimate goal is to be the Marketing Director for L'Oreal in NY.
 
PB: What has been the highlight of your time here at PB?
 
Juls: All the people I've met on this journey. So many people who have been there to help me. My teacher Ms. Shana was so awesome. She taught me a lot about not only beauty but life in general. Ms. Jill taught me so much about makeup and although she wasn't my teacher she was always there to lend a helping hand. Colleen Hogan, the School Director has been so motivating to me and so many others. Always willing to stop whatever she was doing to talk and guide me through anything I brought to her. All the staff were a big help as well. Always willing to go the extra mile to help and encourage myself as well as my classmates.
 
Ms. Shana and Julianna
 
PB: Aside from the Cosmetology skills you learned what would you say is the best thing you learned?
 
Juls: The power of positive thinking and how to apply it to every aspect of your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment